Chinese New Year Cake /Kuih Bakul
500g glutinous flour
some banana leaves
2 unit 12cm diameter cake tin
1. The bigger cake tin you have, the longer time is required to steam it and vice versa.
2. Cover the cake tin with more layers of banana leaf to prevent the batter from leaking into the cake tin.
3. Make sure to cook the sugar with low heat, and observe it at all times, to prevent from burnt, as it will have bitter taste if burnt.
4. Add water while steaming when water in wok decreases , make sure to add hot water to maintain the internal temperature.
5. Do not pour more than 70% of batter into the cake tin because it will expand and overflow during steaming